Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Soundwalk Part 1

Sometimes, people see being alone as a bad thing. They automatically assume that because you're alone, you're lonely. But that isn't always the case. For my soundwalk, I traveled to three different locations around Behrend.
First, I sat for ten minutes just listening to the sounds in my apartment. The fans, the shower, the television and many other noises make up a symphony in my head. It's magical, really. Trying to stay silent was not a huge issue because I just sat motionless. I just listened.
Next, I went outside to the field behind the on campus apartments. There were a group of boys playing frisbee. It was amazing because I could hear the frisbee whipping through the air. At that moment, I realized how many sounds I hear everyday that I completely ignore. I think sometimes people take hearing for granted.
Lastly, I went to a grassy area near the front of the Reed building. It was quiet and peaceful. There were birds chirping and the wind blew through the trees. I was calm and serene. I enjoyed sitting there because I was able to completely let go and immerse myself in the sounds of nature

No comments:

Post a Comment